Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Journey to a Better Me - Day Three

Today I went to OKC for a meeting.  I didn't stop at McDonald's for breakfast like I normally do.  Perhaps just a little bit of extra time planning my day out is one way to help me be successful.  I made me a ham and cheese english muffin for breakfast and brought a pepsi max from home.  My next test will be lunch time.  I brought a book to read so I don't plan on going anywhere with anyone.  Perhaps I can find something close by and read by book and get some soup or a sandwhich.  I'm making tater tot casserole tonight for dinner.  I enjoy cooking and DaRell's off tonight so I always try to cook on his days off.  Tomorrow I'm making cabbage with polish sausage.  Right now, I'm trying to really watch what I have for dinner because that's when I have the most trouble is when I'm home.  Nights and weekends are when I eat the most.  Just mindless eating because food is there.  I'm not eating because I'm hungry.  I've again started writing down what I eat.  Right now I'm just focusing on my eating habits and later on I'll work on moving more.  I don't want to overwhelm myself. 

Training is over and I decided to get stop at Taco Mayo and get one bean burrito.  Normally by this time (it's 2:30pm) I would have also had two snacks.  I brought my granola bar and pretzels for snacks but didn't eat them since we didn't take a break at the meeting.  So I'm thinking not having those snacks will help offset the calories in the yummy bean burrito.  I know it's important to pay attention to how I'm feeling and what I'm craving.  I'm hoping if I feel like overating that I can write in my journal and pinpoint why I'm wanting to put food in my mouth.  That way I can address what's causing me to potentially fail or if I'm truly hungry I can make a healthy food choice.  I really feel that I can be successful at losing weight noweven though I've never been successful before.  It really has to do with changing the way you look at things.  It really is all in your head.  One thing for me is that I need to stay off the scale.  The scale always ends up frustrating me.  I can be doing everything right and the scale shows barely a loss or I will have splurged and the scale shows more of a loss.  I know there's other factors going in to the number on the scale but that doesn't stop me from getting discouraged.   

1 comment:

  1. Geez it's only been two and a half months since you posted this love to know how your doing

    ReplyDelete