Sunday, October 17, 2010

Am I too lazy to lose weight?

I just turned 38 this past week and here I am...overweight.  I've been overweight my whole life.  In my baby book it says that at age 3 I weighed 40 lbs and next to that it says "O.W."  I have no memories of ever being able to buy an outfit that wasn't in the "plus size" area.  My son is now 13 and yet I weigh 33 lbs more than when I gave birth to him.  I was on Facebook and saw this quote:  "People only change when the pain of the same is greater than the pain of change."  Losing weight isn't some big mystery to solve.  It's quite simple:  eat less, move more.  But even though I know what I need to do to lose weight, I don't do it.  I like to eat.  I don't like to exercise.  My husband went out and bought me a Wii because I told him I wanted to use the Biggest Loser on the Wii to get me exercising.  I used it for a couple of days and that was atleast 4 months ago.  It's easier to keep doing what I'm doing than to make a conscious effort to live healthier.  I love my family and I enjoy my job so other than my weight, I'm happy.  When I put my mind to eating healthier I am successful.  But the success is always short-lived.  I'll do good for a couple of weeks and then I lose my focus.  I'll make a bad food choice and instead of moving on at the next meal I give up until I'm ready to get focused again which is months and months down the road.  Now is the time that I'm ready to get focused again.  I'm hoping that if I write about my struggles and successes than perhaps it will help me stay motivated.  I mean, what do I have to lose?

1 comment:

  1. Oh lady do I know how you feel....we may quite possibly be the same person..ha ha

    ReplyDelete